"Communication System design using NI USRP and LabVIEW"
Introduction: The workshop shall focus on developing the basic skillset for working with National Instruments' Software Defined Radio Platform, NI USRP and LabVIEW. The workshop shall encompass the necessary topics required for an end to end communication system design. The participants will be exposed to the SDR and LabVIEW platform through a hands-on exercises.
Outcome of the Workshop: Here are the expected outcome of the workshop:
1. Basic understanding of graphical system design software LabVIEW for design & prototyping
2. Basic understanding of the NI USRP Hardware Architecture
3. Introduction to Modulation / communication system design suite in LabVIEW
4. Design methodology for an end to end communication system design
Agenda of the Workshop
Day 1 (1st Session)
- LabVIEW Basics, USRP Device Driver Programming, USRP RIO Architecture and Usage of Modulation Toolkit and Mathscript RT node.
Day 1 (2nd Session)
- 2. Implementation of Analog Modulation Scheme- Designing of an FM receiver to demodulate OTA FM signals (2 hr)
- 3. Implementation of a PSK transceiver using Pulse shaping and Matched filtering- Designing of an end 2 end Digital wireless link.
Nilutpal Choudhury, MSc in Communications Engineering (TUM)
Founder and CEO - AvGarde Systems Pvt Ltd (NI Success Assurance Partner)